Background

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Love to Link

I have been at the P20 Conference for educators in Twin Falls, Idaho for the past two days. It has been awesome connecting with other educators and gaining new tools and ideas for the upcoming school year. I thought I would share a few tools to involve and get feedback from an audience or your students during a presentation. I had heard of and used a couple two of these sites before, but the other two are new from the conference. Each tool has a similar purpose, but all are different. Try them out to see what works for you.

TodaysMeet
  • Provides a link audience members can follow and can respond to a question. Everyone can see responses in real time.
Dotstorming
  • Dotstorming is similar to TodaysMeet, but participants can vote on each other's responses. 
Mentimeter
  • Allows audience members to respond to a variety of question types. You can see results in a word cloud or a variety of charts.
Poll Everywhere
  • Really simple to use. Ask students a question, collect responses, and see the data in real time.

6 comments:

  1. The P20 Conference sounds like it was fun! These tools are great for eliciting feedback from even the most introverted students. We have used Poll everywhere and Todays Meet in faculty focus and faculty data meetings, and within class, todaysmeet is great for tracking a book discussion. I will be checking out dot storming and mentimenter as it is always nice to have more tools at your disposal. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun conference. I am already planning to attend again next year. I love the idea of using todaysmeet for a book discussion. I will have to share that idea with my coworkers. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Brittni, I like that you have provided little annotations for each item that you liked. It is a good practice to maintain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know I am much more likely to follow a link if I know a little about it first, so I just as well provide that service to my readers.

      Delete
  3. Brittni, I haven't used any of these resources in my classroom but now I'm looking forward to trying them out. It's always nice to go to a conference and get tools you can implement right away. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are great tools. I suggest playing around with them a little because you'll find some work better than others in different circumstances.

      Delete