Background

Friday, July 14, 2017

On My List...

Yes, I am one of those people that has a list for everything. I have a list of my lists. My job as a Technology Integration Coach is a new job this upcoming year. It is not just new to me, but a completely new position in the district. There is not a job description even in place yet, so it is up to me to define what this job is going to look like. Our goal is to get both teachers and students more comfortable using technology in the classroom. We also want them to use technology with a purpose and in ways that will enhance learning. Currently, one of my longest lists is that of ideas for the upcoming year. Feel free to add to my list with any ideas of your own or provide feedback on any items you have experience with.

1. Kyte Learning - Our district has access to Kyte Learning, which is a site with training videos on tons of technology tools and how to use them in education. I can actually assign teachers certain courses to take according to their individual needs.

2. Google Certification - I am working towards becoming a Google Certified Educator and am considering offering the same opportunity to any staff members who may be interested.

3. Swivl - The Swivl is a small robot that holds your iPad and swivels around to follow a person holding a remote. It is a great way to record yourself and reflect on your teaching. I could also use it to video myself of other teachers to share with the rest of the staff.

4. Book Study - I am considering holding a book study as a staff. I am not sure what book yet, but it would be something motivating and technology oriented.

5. Lunch & Learn - I need to gain the trust of the staff in our two middle schools because many of them do not know me. I would like to hold a "Lunch & Learn" once or twice a month where we would eat lunch together and discuss teaching practices, technology, ask questions, etc.

6. Digital Badges - I would really love to develop a badge program for our professional development to encourage teachers to try new things, share what they try, and then be able to recognize them for it. I am not exactly sure how this will look yet though.

7. Google Communities - One complaint in our district is the lack of opportunity for collaboration among the different schools, subjects, and grade levels. I would like to create Google Communities for each subject and grade level for teachers to talk, share, and collaborate.

9. Tech Newsletter - I am planning on using Smore to create a newsletter with technology tips and tricks that will be sent out to teachers once a month.

This is just a sample of what is on my list. I am still adding things all the time. As you can see, many of them are still in the early planning stages. I still have lots of work to do before school starts in August!

2 comments:

  1. Birttni, have you used the Swivl? We recently got one at the college and I've been playing with it a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only played around with it a couple times, but my administration would really like to see every teacher record one of their lessons to reflect on. I think I am going to be using it quite often this coming year!

    ReplyDelete